Advanced Optical Systems Engineer
Our mission is to enable display manufacturers and content creators to disrupt the visualization market with immersive ultra-high resolution, life-like, true holographic displays. With the Swave team you will create a new world where holographic displays give everyone the power to visualize the impossible, collaborate and accomplish more.
Role and responsibilities:
- Key contributor applying her/his expert knowledge in design and development of custom optical systems for display and VR/AR prototypes
- Responsible for simulating, designing and specifying custom optical trains, sub-assemblies as well as custom conventional and freeform optical elements.
- Responsible for developing, assembling and testing optical sub-systems for our demonstrators, prototypes and products.
- Using your expertise in optics (and ideally diffractive optics) to identify and explore additional high-value targets for our development.
- Expert team member working in close collaboration with the systems, photonics and algorithms teams.
- Report to the VP Global Products and Systems
- Master / PhD in Physics or EE, preferably Optics
- Expert knowledge of conventional and preferably also diffractive optical systems
- 5+ years experience designing state of the art optical sub-assemblies, preferably in the domain of human visualization
- Proven experience working with Zeemax and/or LightTrans is a must
- Experience building complex technology demonstrators is a strong plus
- Hand-on, pragmatic approach to solving complex challenges is a strong plus
- Capability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Location: Leuven, Belgium. Some remote work is possible.
Apply at [email protected]